Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Coordinates and evaluates patient care activities around clinical and human resources. Responsible for department operations and Caregiver activities in the absence of the Rehabilitation Nursing Manager.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Creates a learning environment that is open and respectful and encourages the sharing of expertise to promote the benefits of health outcomes.
- Responsible for oversight of scheduling, managing vacation requests and subsequent payroll responsibilities.
- Ensure the sharing and demonstration of evidence-based practice through active discussions, policies and procedures and standards of practice.
- Ensures compliance with Hospital, State, Federal and all other regulatory agencies about patient care activities and physical environment.
- Assist with analysis of objective measurement outcomes and National Benchmarks to drive continuous performance improvement.
- Assist with the development and ongoing monitoring of the budget.
- Ensures two-way communication of information with Team Members and Stakeholders through staff meetings, task force meetings, Team Conferences, and Family Meetings, etc.
- Assists with recruiting, selecting and retaining qualified Caregivers.
- Assists with the coordination of orientation, education, credentialing, and continued professional development of Caregivers and assist with maintenance of records.
- Monitors Caregiver performance, providing coaching, recognition, counselling and avenues for improvement as needed.
- Empowers Caregivers by delegating clear responsibility, accountability and authority to meet mutually agreed upon expectations.
- Assists with the communication of the shared mission, vision and values of the organization to all Rehabilitation Caregivers and Rehab Stakeholders.
- Assists with the assessment of the impact of, and plan strategies to address, such issues as: (1) ethnic, cultural and diversity changes in the population (2) political and social influences (3) financial and economic issues (4) the aging of society and demographic trends (5) ethical issues related to health.
- Helps to promote community advocacy and education through support groups, active memberships to professional organizations, and Health System promotional activities.
- Assist with patient rounding and follow up on identified issues.
- Assists with staffing and scheduling Caregivers to ensure appropriate needs for patient care are met.
- Assists with daily/weekly data input for Caregiver payroll.
- All RN responsibilities and duties.
- Current Michigan RN Licensure.
- BLS Certification within 6 months of hire and biannually thereafter.
- CRRN (Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse – Certified through Association of Rehabilitation Nurses) preferred
Minimum of five-years recent experience in rehabilitation nursing or similar experience.
Graduate of a Bachelor Level Degree Nursing Program.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with Caregivers, physicians, families, patients and visitors.
Leadership/Team Building skills.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: