Sparrow Health System
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
The Sparrow IT department is made up of enterprising critical thinkers who enjoy solving problems and improving process and systems in healthcare – a field which serves an important public purpose.
Our IT department supports all aspects of the health system: administration, business intelligence, clinical, facilities, finance, human resources, informatics, insurance, patient care, project management, supply chain and technology. Our team has a variety of curricular and professional backgrounds and has a desire for meaningful work, career advancement and real responsibility. Our analysts share a passion for systems and design thinking, analytics, optimization and process improvement.
The Application System Analyst designs, optimizes and implements application systems and works continually to improve applications and systems through upgrades, expansion, other projects and mentoring of other caregivers.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Analyze, design, and implement application systems.
- Work to continually improve applications through upgrades, expansion, and other projects.
- Mentor Application Support Associates and other Application System Analysts
- Manage vendor relations/contracts for small/medium vendors
- Lead roll-outs and small module implementations
- Lead assessment/vendor selection for small/medium projects
- Proactively participates in knowledge sharing/transfer
- Complex tickets that involve multiple applications, system performance issues
- Work on large scale optimizations
- Provides command center support for go-lives
- Models proactive learning/pursues additional education and continuous focus on professional development
Candidates please note: A series of assessments are a required part of the consideration process for all positions in the IT Department.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: