Sparrow Health System
Position Location: Lansing, MI
Join Sparrow Health System and improve the health of the people in our communities by providing quality, compassionate care to everyone, every time.
Our Medical Record Clerk is responsible for the retrieving, delivering, locating, logging and filing of electronic medical records and paper electronic medical records. The Medical Records Clerk provides medical record support services for patients, physicians and associates.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Maintain release of information/confidentiality rules and regulations.
- Process all incoming telephone calls according to department protocols.
- Sort U.S. mail on a daily basis and assist with other mailing arrangements.
- Rounds are done once daily, consisting of picking up and delivering charts, mail, test results, dictation, etc. to all floors/suite.
- Copy all physician dictation and diagnostic reports and send out daily (electronic and paper), including enclosures when necessary.
- Electronically file all incoming charts and loose medical reports.
- Fax requested information and distribute incoming fax documents when necessary.
- Retrieve charts from storage center when needed.
- Maintain orderly files. File all incoming charts and loose medical reports – electronic and paper reports. Check for misfiled charts and refile according to filing system .
|Work Experience||Minimum of one year experience in a medical record department|
|Education||High school diploma or GED|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||Medical terminology knowledge. Knowledge of computer systems, programs and applications. Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.|
Sparrow Invests in You
At Sparrow, we believe Caregivers are our most valued asset and investing in our Caregivers by offering highly competitive benefits is what distinguishes us as an employer of choice. Our comprehensive benefit options allow you to choose plans and coverage that fit your needs.
Medical Health, Dental and Vision
Income Protection Plans
Retirement Savings Plan
Sparrow provides a generous 401(k) savings plan with immediate enrollment upon hire and access to diverse fund options. An automatic deferral of 6% of pay will be deducted from each paycheck as soon as administratively possible following a 60-day opt-out period. Matching employer contributions and an annual lump sum contribution after meeting service requirements assists Caregivers in achieving their retirement savings goal.
Flexible Spending Accounts
In addition to our core benefits, we offer other benefits you may not expect, but that enhance your career and add value to your personal life such as:
- Concierge Service
- On-site Day Care
- Fitness Centers
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical and Pharmacy Discounts
- Vision and Hearing Aid Discounts
- Direct Deposit and e-Pay
- Discounted Michigan Athletic Club membership
- Mentoring Program
- As the region’s largest health system, Sparrow is committed to offering competitive, cost effective benefits that recruit and retain a workforce dedicated to our mission, vision and values.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: