Outpatient Rehab Mason and Williamston
General Purpose of Job:
Evaluate patients, plan treatment programs and provide physical therapy interventions in order to maximize the value, potential, and satisfaction of our customers.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Perform physical therapy patient evaluations based upon the written prescription of the referring M.D., D.O., D.D.S, or Podiatrist.
- Communicate the treatment plan, treatment goals, and progress toward goals to the patient and/or caregivers.
- Provide physical therapy interventions according to the established plan.
- Instruct patients and/or caregivers in home programs.
- Perform medical record documentation according to established criteria.
- Communicate with other health care professionals, including patient referral sources, both verbally and in writing, according to established criteria.
- Delegate to Physical Therapist Assistants (PTA’s), Athletic Trainers (ATC’s), Rehab Support staff, and students/interns according to established criteria.
- Supervise the interventions provided by PTA’s, ATC’s, Rehab Aides, and students/interns.
- Re-evaluate patients, modify treatment programs and goals as needed, and make recommendations at the time of discharge.
- Supervise the activities of students and volunteers.
- Cooperate with support staff and other health system departments in order to maximize the efficiency of non-clinical services such as the registering, scheduling, and billing of our patients.
- Seek ways to continually improve the value of our services and maximize our customers’ rehabilitation potential by actively participating in activities such as inservices, staff meetings, team meetings, continuing education courses, and patient conferences.
- Maximize customer satisfaction by treating our customers with respect and responding to their needs in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner.
- State of Michigan Physical Therapist license.
- BLS Certification (within 6 months of hire).
- Minimum of 1 year experience in an outpatient setting.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and adapt to changing work situations.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients serviced in her/his assigned service area as related to the principle duties and responsibilities of the position. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training and experience.
Outpatient Floating Position. Will primarily cover Mason and Williamston OP Rehab, but may cover other outpatient sites as well. Variable starting/ending times based on clinic needs.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: