Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
This position will function as the liaison between SHS Human Resources and PHP, identifying strategies and implementation plans to achieve PHP’s strategic HR needs. Working closely with the Director of Talent Acquisition, this position will be responsible for the recruitment life cycle for new and vacant PHP positions, ensuring PHP has qualified staff to achieve its mission, vision, and goals and objectives. Responsible for identifying, recruiting, screening and recommending, prospective qualified, diverse candidates, for vacant positions while understanding the business needs and partnering with the department managers, directors or vice presidents of the organization to fully understand and asses the business need, and to ensure qualification match, cultural fit and compatibility. This position will also provide PHP consulting and functional expertise on human resource strategies, organizational development, talent management and other organizational or HR initiatives.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
Recruitment Essential Duties
- Works closely with Director of Talent Acquisition and in conjunction with business line leaders to understand individualized needs and/or success factors to ensure use of effective selection and interviewing techniques to efficiently meet department needs.
- Ensures appropriate management of job requisitions within the ATS system per job posting procedures.
- Generates a pool of candidates through the utilization of a targeted research strategy and creative sourcing techniques, including efforts to increase the diversity of our candidate pool to closely match the demographics of the communities that we serve
- Screens applications and resumes for qualified candidates; performs initial interview of applicant to assess skills, competency, and preferences for appropriate qualification match, cultural fit and compatibility with available openings
- Presents shortlisted candidates and provides a spreadsheet summary of the candidate
- Assists with establishing the appropriate interview panels, preparing interview questions for all panels and coordinating and scheduling interviews.
- Ensures timely correspondence and notification to candidates about stages of the process, status of open positions and/or employment decisions, while adhering to OFCCP and EEOC requirements
- Interfaces with third party vendors for temporary staffing needs or permanent placement needs. In addition, assists with the contract process with vendors
HR Generalist Essential Duties
- Build trust-based, collaborative, sustainable relationships with PHP Leaders and Caregivers
- Consult with leaders on a frequent basis, to identify and assess human resource needs and identify opportunities for improving Caregiver and organizational performance
- Provide prompt and successful resolution to Caregiver issues/concerns while effectively counselling leaders on Caregiver Relations issues to reduce potential liabilities.
- In conjunction with SHS Corporate Human Resource team members, support achievement of PHP strategic objectives by identifying opportunities to increase productivity, Caregiver performance and Caregiver engagement
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current human resource management and organizational developments, including awareness of latest technology
- Other duties as assigned
|General Requirements||* PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP, preferred|
|Work Experience||* Minimum 5 years of recruiting experience with general recruitment responsibilities and 2 years with experience in recruiting leadership positions, including strategy development |
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience with adhering to EEOC or OFFCP Federal guidelines and standards for employment practices
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience with building sourcing strategies to increase the diversity of a pipeline or talent pool for an employer
* Minimum 5 years of human resources generalist experience, or 5 years combined experience in compensation, benefits, and employee relations.
* Healthcare or insurance company human resources experience preferred
|Education||* Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, business, or related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience; OR Associates Degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience; OR High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 9 years of experience|
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||* Working knowledge of creative sourcing techniques, having previously created a robust recruitment strategy |
* Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate internally and externally at all levels
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access
* Experience with social media recruiting tools (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
* Ability to understand and analyze a variety of management reports to communicate recruiting trends and statistics to hiring managers
* Experience with Lawson HRIS software – preferred
* Experience with PeopleFluent software – preferred
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: