Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Evaluate patients, plan treatment programs and provide speech therapy interventions in order to maximize the value, potential, and satisfaction of our customers.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Perform speech therapy patient evaluations.
- Communicate the treatment plan, treatment goals, and progress toward goals to the patient and/or caregivers.
- Provide speech therapy interventions according to the established plan.
- Instruct patients and/or caregivers in home programs.
- Perform medical record documentation according to established criteria.
- Communicate with other health care professionals, including patient referral sources, both verbally and in writing, according to established criteria.
- Delegate to Patient Care Technicians, Rehab Aides, Rehab Support staff, students, and interns according to established criteria.
- Supervise the interventions provided by PCT’s, Rehab Aides, students, and interns.
- Re-evaluate patients, modify treatment programs and goals as needed, and make recommendations at the time of discharge.
- Supervise the activities of students and volunteers.
- Cooperate with support staff and other health system departments in order to maximize the efficiency of non-clinical services such as the registering, scheduling, and billing of our patients.
- Seek ways to continually improve the value of our services and maximize our customers’ rehabilitation potential by actively participating in activities such as inservices, staff meetings, team meetings, continuing education courses, and patient conferences.
- Maximize customer satisfaction by treating our customers with respect and responding to their needs in a prompt, friendly, and courteous manner.
- Certificate of Clinical Competency in Speech/Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association or eligible for clinical fellowship year.
- Licensed in the State of Michigan.
- BLS Certification (within 6 months of hire).
- Minimum 1 year experience with adult care patients dysphagia and videofloscopy swallow studies
- Experience with Vital Stim ®
- Experience with FEES
- Experience with voice disorders.
- Master’s Degree in Speech/Language Pathology from an accredited program in Speech/Language Pathology.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Basic clinical skills providing speech/language pathology services.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and adapt to changing work situations are required.
FLOAT Speech Language Pathologist. Position covers outpatient services in all outpatient areas including Sparrow affiliates, acute care at Sparrow Hospital and affiliates, and the inpatient rehab unit, caring for the adult orthopedic and neurological patient populations. Full-time working hours will vary according to shift and site that is being covered, and will include both 8-hour and 10-hour shifts as well as variation in start/end times. 2 Years Experience Required including VFSS/FEES.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: