Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Supervises work activities of all Caregivers in Sterile Process (CSS) Department. Responsible for department function and staff activities in the absence of the Department Manager.
Essential Duties: This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Provide direction, training, and continual guidance to supervisory staff and Caregivers.
- Responsible to see that work assignments are carried out within established guidelines.
- Monitors daily individual performance and resource utilization and is accountable for the results.
- Maintains an atmosphere that supports and encourages high performance, teamwork, and continual improvement of all associates.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and initiates corrective actions.
- Assists in development of departmental budget and goals.
- Assists Caregivers with duties as needed.
- Initiate and lead department with quality assurance, and process improvement
- SPD certification (or grandfathered in under previous model)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Sterile Processing
- High school diploma or GED
- Preferred – Associates degree
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to use a keyboard as may be required to perform the essential duties of the job.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: