Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Under the direction of the Service Line Director ensures that quality operations occur; supports and carries out the vision of the departments; produces excellence; leads by influence; and supports the development of caregivers with the department leaders. Facilitates action plans and initiatives for caregiver engagement, patient experience, quality improvement and financial performance. Participates in monitoring, maintaining and improving departmental goals and outcomes.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Empowered to serve as a leader within level of authority.
- Promotes/supports shared decision making by empowering associates through delegation of clear responsibility, authority, and holding them accountable.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, and retention of personnel.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with Hospital State, Federal and accreditation regulations in reference to patient care and the physical environment
- Assists in communicating shared vision, mission, and values with department which motivates others to achieve strategic goals·
- Responsible for outcomes i.e. such as quality metrics, caregiver engagement, patient experience and financial performance.
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and evaluation of action plans for continuous performance improvement for quality, patient experience, caregiver engagement and financial performance.
- Provides a safe environment through the utilization of best practices for patient, family, and all other caregivers.
- Supports a learning environment that is open and respectful and promotes evidence-based practice.
- Monitors caregiver performance, providing coaching, recognition, counseling and avenues for improvement as needed.
- Develops and maintains a professional relationship with members of the health care team, the patient and the patient’s family
- Ability to practice ICARE Values on a daily basis to create an engaged workforce
- Maintains a safe work environment that minimizes work related illness and injury.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: