Level One Trauma Center EMT – FULL TIME
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Preform all tasks designated by RN. Be accountable for all patient care he/she provides. Promote and restore patient’s health by collaborating with the team members while adhering to all standards of patient care, while providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- In collaboration with the RN, assesses patient condition and reports pertinent data of patient’s condition to RN, Supervisor or medical personal and initiates appropriate care according to evidence-based policies and guidelines.
- In collaboration with the RN, develops an appropriate nursing care plan according to evidence-based guidelines and policies.
- Under the delegation of the RN, implements the nursing care plan and engages in patient/family teaching.
- The Technician must have superb diagnostic and clinical skills. Have the able to Identify life-threatening situations and anticipate patient needs. Act calmly and rapidly during emergencies and provide necessary resources for ED or trauma teams while including team members in a collaborative approach.
- Assist the RN to quickly and effectively deal with any and all potentially life threatening situations that may occur to increase the likelihood of a positive patient outcome.
- Adhere to Sparrow Health System’s established ED protocols for obtaining and documentation of vital signs, administering of oxygen therapies, ECG monitoring and 12 lead EKG testing. Preform C-spine immobilization, Foley catheter initiation, maintenance and removal. Preform BLS airway management including oral and nasal pharyngeal airways and suctioning. Wound and burn skin care using aseptic technique.
- Assist RN/Physician in procedure set up. Specimen collection and transportation for laboratory testing and general care of patients as outlined in Emergency Department established protocols.
- At the delegation of the RN; Performs diagnostic procedures and initiates care in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Document all patient care given, and patient responses to care in the medical record appropriately.
- Provides BCLS including; CPR and procedures set forth by Sparrow Health System and the department management team.
- Assure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards. Makes or recommends necessary adjustments by collaborating with team members and multidisciplinary members.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops. Review professional publications and literature. Attending all required in-service, staff meetings, and skills training as set by the manager.
- Ensure that Trauma Room areas are ready for critical situations at all times. Ensures they are fully stocked and equipment checks are complete, and that all equipment is fully operational.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of equipment and supplies and maintains a safe work environment.
- Preform post-mortem care and transport.
- Exhibit excellent multi-tasking skills and have the ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction.
- Display professionalism, compassion, and sound medical practice when dealing with challenging situations.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Part time, full time, day, afternoon and night shifts available.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.