Sparrow Health System
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
As a member of the Support Operations Service team, the SOS Tech I is responsible for supporting the hospital’s goals of safety, patient throughput, patient satisfaction, and financial accountability.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties in the assigned Task Category as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position. This position will receive assignments from a computer dispatch system.
All Task Categories must adhere to the following:
- Maintains hospital standards of participating in mandatory in-services and other mandatory hospital/departmental requirements.
- Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, and safety.
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings and complete all educational programs and in-services as required.
- Follow all infection prevention practices (i.e., proper cleaning process, hand hygiene, standard & isolation precautions where and if required and proper use of personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Recognizes and adheres to patient privacy requirements (HIPAA).
Task Category: Environmental Services (Competency):
- Completes daily and discharge patient room cleaning, bed changing and stocking paper products; and coordinates these activities with patient’s condition.
- Cleans general workspaces on the patient care unit. Stocks unit with Environmental Service supplies.
- Practices environmental safety by placing call lights within patient’s reach.
- Assist in removal of used linens appropriately.
- Cleans equipment, per policy and procedure.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com