Sparrow Health System
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Responsible for supporting Customer Service goals and objectives by interacting directly with members, providers, group administrators, Cognizant (and other business partners) and PHP staff to relay information and resolve inquiries and issues.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Respond to incoming telephone or written inquiries from members, providers, employers, vendors and PHP staff regarding eligibility, benefits, claim status/issues, pharmacy, policies and procedures, contract terms, referrals etc.
- Make outbound telephone calls to resolve inquiries and issues.
- Complete understanding of all products and benefit lines.
- Research issues relating to eligibility, benefits, claim status/issues, pharmacy, policies and procedures, contract terms, referrals, etc.
- Following department/company guidelines, makes independent decisions to resolve caller’s issues.
- Act as a member advocate in the member appeal/grievance process.
- Provide direction to members, providers, employers.
- Serves as a role model for consistent demonstration of Sparrow Health System’s Customer Service Behavioral Standards of Performance, by respecting the Privacy and Confidentiality of those we serve.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respects patient, service provider, organizational confidentiality and HIPAA Security procedures and protocols as defined under the HIPAA Privacy and Security Procedures
- Provide support for customers requiring assistance in person.
- Other duties as assigned
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: