SHS-APP SYSTEMS ANALYST-ASSOCIATE
Position’s Location: Okemos, MI
The Sparrow Analytics and IT department is made up of enterprising critical thinkers who enjoy solving problems and improving process and systems in healthcare – a field which serves an important public purpose.
Our department supports all analytic, application development, business intelligence and technical infrastructure needs for the health system: administration, data analytics, clinical, facilities, finance, human resources, informatics, insurance, patient care, project management, supply chain and all systems/technology.
We are committed to providing growth opportunities, training and mentoring for our associates as they learn specific subject matter expertise. Our team has a variety of curricular and professional backgrounds and a desire for meaningful work, career advancement and real responsibility. We share a passion for systems and design thinking, analytics, optimization and process improvement.
General Purpose of the Job:
The Application System Analyst designs, optimizes and implements application systems and works continually to improve applications and systems through upgrades, expansion, other projects and mentoring of other caregivers.
- Develop strong relationships with physicians, nurses and other clinical and business users of the Desktop applications (Microsoft Office suite) and be their liaison for technology and workflow issues.
- Collaborate with peers in development of business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
- Continually expand knowledge and expertise in healthcare industry and related technologies
- Participate in discussions with business users and project team regarding areas of opportunity to leverage technology.
- Provide on-going application support and troubleshooting. Research and participate in business requirements gathering sessions. Execute system testing and participate in deployment of applications for ambulatory/clinical lines of business.
- Escalate issues to vendor partners
- Own sub-projects of larger projects led by senior analysts
- Provide at the elbow support to end users during go-lives
- Build reports and workflows in the EMR and related applications from functional and technical specifications.
- Document application workflows, business processes, and application configurations.
- Gain advanced knowledge and expertise in Epic or other EMR related applications
- Mentor application support associates
- Provides support through periodic on-call rotation and go-live/variable evening hours for project related work
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, Computer Science/Technology, Engineering (any kind), Math/Science/Logic/Statistics, Analytic Humanities fields); OR Associate’s Degree (Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain, Computer Science/Technology, Engineering (any kind), Math/Science/Logic/Statistics, Analytic Humanities fields) and minimum 1 (one) year of professional or IT experience; OR High School Diploma and minimum 3 (three) years of professional or IT experience.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
Professional Qualities Required:
Candidates please note: A series of assessments are a required part of the consideration process for all positions in the IT Department.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: