Sparrow Health System
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
Under general supervision, this position formulates and defines the scope, objectives, requirements of moderately complex information systems through research and fact-finding. This role prepares detailed specifications from which healthcare application programs will be selected; analyzes existing system logic and related documentation; configures application system tables and programs; And is competent to work on most phases of application system analysis and build/configuration activities.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Understands and maintains a thorough knowledge of hospital information systems which support various operational departments in the hospital. Analyze how computerized information systems can be applied to patient care to reduce cost, increase revenue, report on quality, and improve customer service.
- Interface with user departments in order to assist them in the determination of information content and systems appropriate to meet their needs.
- Respond to user and IS management requests for analysis of problem or systems including researching alternatives, identifying potential solutions, defining test criteria, performing system testing, analyzing test results, implementing changes and monitoring post-implementation performance.
- Participate in project teams for selection, implementation, and maintenance of information technology to support Health System and specific hospital departmental plans.
- Learn applications and provide technological advice concerning all aspects of the software, hardware and interface of systems under direct responsibilities.
- Facilitate effective utilization of the computer system by users. Provides system support and education as needed. Provide hardware and software instruction for users of computer systems.
- Develop clear and concise documentation, instruction manuals, and audit trails of program changes in accordance with the departmental and programming standards.
- Work with team members to health information management information systems and applications. Provide on-call services.
- Analyze, develop and maintain computer programs, applications, and online systems to satisfy needs of user departments. Define specific system designs and interfaces. Develop policy and procedures pertinent to computer applications within the specialized area.
- Continually expand knowledge and expertise in Information services, new technologies and developments, and project management methodologies.
- Design, maintain, and revise key system controls (code tables, master files, screen menus, etc).
- Communicate with Information Technology staff, pertinent computer system vendors, and client user organizations to assure a quality computer program.
- Compare clinical and business workflows and processes to related system functionality. Advise on variances and work with departments to determine appropriate changes.
- Develops/assists with training through the development of training tools and training of key staff.
- Coordinate and implement software updates/changes with users and other team members.
- Thoroughly review and test each new release. Communicate issues to the vendor and apply adjustments before users are permitted to access the new release.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: