Sparrow Health System
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
The Sparrow Analytics, Business Intelligence, Project Management and Technology Department is a team of enterprising critical thinkers who enjoy solving problems and improving process and systems in healthcare – a field which serves an important public purpose.
We support all aspects of the health system: administration, business intelligence, clinical, facilities, finance, human resources, informatics, insurance, patient care, project management, supply chain and technology. Our team has a variety of curricular and professional backgrounds and has a desire for meaningful work, career advancement and real responsibility. The IT team shares a passion for systems and design thinking, analytics, optimization and process improvement.
The Business Intelligence and Data Analyst works in a fast paced, changing health care environment. The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst will coordinate and actively contribute throughout the BI development life cycle from initial requirement analysis, documentation, prototyping, design, and development all the way through to implementation, quality assurance, and user acceptance. The BI Analyst will work with internal and external customers to understand their requirements and present analytical results in an easy to understand communication. The BI analyst will also partner with customers and other IT application analysts to provide technology solutions that incorporate reporting and data analytic needs within SHS applications.
- Provide data visualizations, dashboards, analysis, extracts and reporting solutions from multiple health care data sources such as Epic EMR, Lawson, and other provider and payer data.
- Drive BI and data analytic processes and technology improvement initiatives.
- Use data to identify trends, patterns and opportunities for the business.
- Identify effective and strategic business reporting solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
- Analyze how information systems and reporting solutions can be applied to reduce cost, increase revenue, improve efficiency, and provide higher quality data and reporting.
- Communicate with business users and senior leaders regarding areas of opportunity to leverage data and reporting solutions.
- Research, analyze and recommend health care reporting solution best practices.
- Create appropriate documentation for BI and data analytic solutions and data definitions.
- Assist in customer training sessions by providing documentation, topics, and support for complex questions.
- Present and communicate BI and data analytic solutions and analysis to customers of any level in the health system.
- Go-live elbow support of BI and DA areas.
- Manage ticket queue, review tickets, assure correct team is assigned to resolve, obtain additional information from customer
- Resolve common report/data issues, troubleshoot and document issue resolution.
- Execute test scripts for unit testing and integrated testing for upgrades
- Tier II support for warm transfers from helpdesk during peak call times
- Project support to analysts—tasks associated with projects to assist analyst
- Command center support for go-lives
- Small optimizations/projects
- Escalate issues to vendors
- Develop test scenarios for reports, dashboards, data visualizations
- Own sub-projects of larger projects lead by intermediate, advanced and senior analysts
Must be actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a relevant course of study including:
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
Demonstrable aptitude/willingness to learn:
Candidates please note: A series of assessments are a required part of the consideration process for all positions in the IT Department.
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: