Position’s Location: St. Johns, MI
General Purpose of Job:
According to established procedures, cleans and services building areas; moves furniture, equipment, and supplies in and around hospital departments; and performs a variety of environmental service duties to maintain the hospital and off-site facilities in a neat, orderly, and sanitary condition.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Completes daily and discharge patient room cleaning, bed changing and stocking, and coordinates these activities with patient’s condition and movement.
- Collects and disinfect isolation rooms.
- Collect soiled linen and transports clean covered linen carts to departments for daily use.
- Collects, transports trash, medical waste and pharmaceutical waste according to regulations.
- Cleans all clinical and non-clinical departments per department requirements.
- Dust mops, wet mops, scrubs and burnishes floors throughout the facilities.
- Operates various types of cleaning equipment, both mechanical and electrical such as floor machines, carpet extractors, automatic floor scrubbers, power washers and wide area vacuums.
- Properly cleans and stores equipment after use. Notifies supervisor of needed repairs or safety hazards.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills|
*Generic Posting for all Sparrow Clinton Housekeeping positions*
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.