Sparrow Health System
Position’s Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
To prepare, cook and serve food items for patient needs and for public areas as needed.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Caregivers may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Prepare and cook according to recipes, methods and procedures for all different aspects of patient care
- Prepare and cook as needed for catering events, special functions and retail support as needed.
- Responsible for proper storage and handling of food products. Ensures proper food temperatures. Labels and dates all products according to established guidelines.
- Follows all appropriate sanitation guidelines.
- Responsible for cleaning all cooking, preparation, serving and storage areas and reporting equipment that needs repair or maintenance to supervisor.
- Assists in training of new or part-time Caregivers.
- Contributes to and supports Goals and Objectives of Food and Nutrition Services and the Health System.
- Is flexible in working alternate schedules as required for the proper operations of the department.
- Helps in solving work area problems by communicating ideas and solutions to supervisor and fellow Caregivers.
- Maintains hospital standards by participating is in services, committees and continuing education programs, etc.
- Proactive approach to daily work; take the initiative
- Demonstrate customer service congruent with Sparrow’s ICARE Value system.
|Specialized Knowledge and Skills||
Sparrow Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.